Sunday, October 9, 2016

My reading life

  Hi there! I’m Anan and I’m fifteen years old. This is my first year in AIS-R and I’m currently in the ninth grade. To be totally honest, two years ago, I wasn’t that interested in reading ANY book, I would see a book and turn the other way. Until a friend of mine introduced me to the books of an author called Rainbow Rowell. If I were to sum up what I think about her books in one word it would be, Addictive. Her books are definitely a page-turner! Once you open the book it gets you so hooked that you would forget about all of your surroundings, and when you finish the book you would immediately want to read it all over again, that’s how amazing her books are. She makes you fall in love with ALL of the characters, their roles don’t matter.
  My preferred genre is Romance. I really don’t believe in all that Lovey-Dovey stuff in real life, but when I read Romantic books, it just makes you want to believe. Believe that it really does exist. That’s why I love reading books, you feel like you’ve been sucked into this whole other world, where nothing in the real world matters.
  I am currently reading Fangirl, one of Rainbow Rowell’s addictive books. So far, every time I pick it up and start reading, I can’t put it down, but when I do, I just make up plots for the characters in my head.
  So far, Fangirl is about a teenage girl named Cath (Cather), who has just started college but is already stressed out for many reasons. Ever since her mom left her and her twin sister Wren, she has been writing a Simon Snow fanfiction, which she can’t seem to let go of, even though reality is catching up with her. Her sister doesn’t want to share a dormitory with her, so she is forced out of her comfort zone, sharing a room with a girl named Reagan and her boyfriend Levi, who is always around. Cath is struggling to keep up with everything that is going on in her life and doesn’t know if she can do it without her sister.

1 comment:

  1. The similarities we have is that I also didn't like to read a few years ago. But it's nice to see that you have found a genre of books you like, and a favorite author. The differences that we have is that I don't know which genre I like, and I don't have a favorite author. For me it's so hard to find a book I actually like. I really like how you explained how much you like Rainbow Rowell's books. I might try reading her books now, great blog.

    ReplyDelete